This morning we had another delay in processing results, which you noticed if you signed in sometime in the AM.
We’ve finished processing those are are running some other tasks on accounts, which populate other types of data. So, everything’s good for today, just delayed a bit.
When we initially developed AuthorityLabs we thought just getting the search results at volume were going to be the hard part. To get actual ranking data into accounts, there are three steps…
- Getting the search results.
- Assigning positions to every listing within those search results.
- Parsing the search results, with assigned positions, against the domains or pages everyone’s tracking.
We’ve pretty much nailed down steps #1 and #2. As you can see from this chart, we’re now successfully aggregating results for more than 3,000,000 keywords.
The issue we’ve been dealing with is in step #3. We think we’ve figured out a way to scale that part of the process, but it’s been a struggle to get everything working the way it should. We’re just about there, though, and are in the process of getting that as rock solid as steps #1 and #2.