We’ve updated the way we show global and local search volume figures we get via the AdWords API. We’ve decided to calculate traffic data we get from AdWords and give each number a relative value compared to the keywords tracking within a domain or page. There are a couple reasons for this …
- We consistently have issues with the AdWords API not returning data, or not matching what people see in the Google Keyword Tool.
- Any sort of search volume metric should be thought about relative to the other terms being researched.
I think the way we’ve decided to do this, is a better solution than just showing the Global or Local search volume figures. [Read more...]