We all know that the search and social industry changes rapidly. There were many changes across the niches in October. You may have missed some of these changes, so here is a rundown of the items we feel could be important to you.
Google has confirmed RankBrain, which is what they call their machine-learning artificial intelligence system that’s used to help process search results. We have a collection of articles that will tell you everything you need to know:
- FAQ: All About The New Google RankBrain Algorithm – Via Danny Sullivan
- How RankBrain Changes Entity Search – via Kristine Schachinger
A Google Warning for Webmasters
Google announced that they will take action on websites that intentionally or unintentionally place sneaky mobile redirects on their site in their blog post Detect and get rid of unwanted sneaky mobile redirects.
Google Penguin 4.0 Coming Soon
- Make every conversion count: cross-device data now included in the Conversions column and integrated with automated bidding
- Seize holiday shopping moments with new tools and insights
- Dynamically customize your ads for locations using ad customizers
- Google’s New Shopping Insights Tool Shows Retailers Product Search Intent At The Local Level
Every business needs to pay attention to Facebook news because they are just getting more and more important for brands, large and small.
- Watch Out, YouTube: Facebook Is Finally Building A Video Hub
- Facebook Goes Beyond Like With Reactions: Testing Love, Haha, Yay, Wow, Sad & Angry Emoji
- Facebook Introduces New “Slideshow” Ad Unit For Emerging Markets, SMBs
- Facebook Adjusts News Feed To Load Better In The 2G World
- Facebook Pushes Into Google Now Territory With Updated Mobile Notifications
- Instagram Builds Its Own Version of Snapchat Live Stories
- Instagram Is Giving Advertisers Self-Serve Access To Carousel Ads